Due to patient demand we are expanding our workforce! We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our very busy and friendly team as a Medical Receptionist.
You must be calm, patient, empathetic and efficient with a good sense of humour and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. You will be expected to be proactive and use initiative, with good IT skills and the ability to multitask. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
One post available, 21.75 hours:
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Mrs Julie Riding, email@example.com, closing date 3rd March.
**PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVERING LETTER OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE SHORTLISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW**
Salary: £9.50 per hour
GP ASSISTANT (non clinical role)
We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic, forward thinking GP Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for a General Practice Assistant (GPA) to join our friendly and dynamic team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide support to our GPs and clinical staff:
- Improving patient access and releasing highly qualified staff to concentrate on treating and managing patients with more complex conditions
- Improving patient flow within surgery hours, increasing the time efficiency of appointments, and reduction of waiting times
- Reduce time spent by GPs on managing correspondence
- You will have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills together with a good working knowledge of primary care and the challenges facing patient care in the NHS.
- You will support the smooth running of clinics by performing routine administration tasks on behalf of the GP.
- Sorting all clinical post and prioritising for the GP in terms of actions. Signposting some post to others such as clinical pharmacist etc as appropriate.
- Extracting all information from clinical letters that needs coding and adding to notes
- Supporting with QOF reviews
- Arranging appointments, referrals, tests and follow up appointments of patients
- Helping the GP liaise with outside agencies e.g., getting an on-call doctor on the phone to ask advice or arrange admission while the GP can continue with their consultation(s)
- Note summarising of patient records and processing of GP2GP transfer of patient records.
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and co-operative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with service users sensitively
- Able to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Clear, polite telephone manner
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Effective time management (planning and organising)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedure
- Able to use EMIS web
£12ph, 30-37hrs pw across a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Mrs Julie Riding, firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date 6th March 23.
RESPIRATORY AND CHRONIC DISEASE MANAGEMENT PRACTICE NURSE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Practice Nurse to join our large and friendly multidisciplinary team in fantastic purpose built premises in Garstang. We are looking for a qualified and experienced Respiratory trained nurse to work alongside our other CDM trained nurses to provide respiratory and spirometry services. Qualifications and experience in other areas of CDM and other nursing skills including; Management of Diabetes, Hypertension, CKD, CHD; vaccination/immunisation (including childhood), wound care and cervical cytology would also be desirable. We want friendly and personable candidates who have the communication skills, enthusiasm and aptitude to work alongside our existing experienced nursing team. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and supportive working environment in which all staff are valued. Ongoing training supports staff in their career development, and special interests are actively encouraged. Applicants need to be team players who can cope under pressure, and who will be able to work independently and flexibly within our dynamic and friendly team. 25 – 30 hours per week with flexibility essential.
Being in a forward thinking, innovative, well-established training practice
Part of a large clinical, multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skill mix.
Support for ongoing clinical development and training.
Competitive salary (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Six weeks annual leave
If you think you could make a valuable addition to our practice, please apply in writing with current salary and CV to: Mrs Eileen Sumner, Nursing Services Manager, Garstang Medical Practice, Kepple Lane, Garstang, Preston, PR3 1PB. Email:
Informal enquiries and visits welcome 01995 607399. Closing date 7th March 2023.
Full-time Digital Transformation Lead - WREN PCN